Do you require a permit for oak tree removal in New Smyrna? This beach city is among the oldest in Florida, and may have substantial oak trees impeding living. Hence, property owners might need to create room for a healthy and safe environment.
The ‘Private Property Rights’ law allows owners to trim, prune, remove, and replant trees in Florida. You do not need local government authority for some oak tree removal in New Smyrna Beach. However, this process can be costly and dangerous without proper information; therefore, how should you go about it?
Perfect Way to Remove Oak Tree in New Smyrna City
Trees are gifts of nature, and most homeowners would love to preserve them longer. Vast trees can stand for over a hundred years with growth up to 50 feet and more.
Despite their incredible benefits, several factors warrant an oak tree removal in New Smyrna Beach. For example, the tree:
- May not be safe because of its size
- Roots and branches might spread to nearby power lines and poles
- Is dead or decaying
- Blocking the road or other access
- Roots may have damaged nearby structures
- Location is not safe, for instance, near the house
Therefore, if your oak tree has any of the above problems, you may have to cut it down without a permit. To get rid of it effectively and safely, use the tree removal services of a licensed tree contractor.
Note that it is illegal to cut giant trees using the DIY technique without following specific rules. In addition, you should have relevant tools and skills. Here are some exciting guidelines to help you do it like a PRO.
Eight Unique Tips to Follow When Removing an Oak Tree
Despite working with a reputable and experienced company, it is vital to use the following tips for guidance:
- Identify the reasons to bring it down; if related to the above factors with no point in saving it, go ahead and hire a tree removal contractor.
- Visit the local city office for requirements and rules to follow.
- Plan and draft all the requirements necessary for the task to fit your budget.
- Ensure you prioritize safety for everyone around the site. Send alerts to avoid inconveniences and injuring people, pets, and damaging property.
- Plan an escape route away from houses and other possessions when the tree comes down.
- Everyone on site should wear safety gear and use proper equipment throughout the entire process. Your tree removal contractor should have these bases covered!
- Mark the road and paths the vehicles and trees will follow to alert other road users and passersby.
- Arrange for a clean-up after the exercise to avoid blocking and messing up the road or spot.
Get in Touch Today
Overall, if a tree shows risk or other problems, it is best to keep property and everyone safe by cutting it down. You will need the help of experts to protect surrounding plants, trees, and property. Hence, following the above guidelines for safe and successful oak tree removal in New Smyrna is essential.
For all your tree removal services in New Smyrna Beach, contact the approved tree professionals at (386) 310-8022.
Click to return to the homepage.